Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Week 13: The Killing Joke Questions

Q. What is your reaction to the text you just read?
A. I found this text to be incredibly interesting and quite an escalation from the past Batman and Joker storylines, the plot is much darker and seems much more complex than that of the past. The story takes turns that are unexpected and really help to build the character of the Joker and show his insanity and relentlessness. I found the ending to be witty yet somewhat unsatisfying.

Q. What connections did you make with the story? Discuss the elements of the work with which you were able to connect.
A. I really connected with the frustration the characters feel in the storyline. The Joker gets away with so much and in the story you can really feel the stress and frustration that Batman and the Gordon's feel towards the Joker and his scheme. That being said, I enjoyed seeing a glimpse of humanity from the Joker at the conclusion of the comic.

Q. What changes would you make to adapt this story into another medium? What medium would you use? What changes would you make?
A. Initially I'd say to translate this comic into a movie, that being said, they already have–and I've seen it! The film was great and I thouroughly enjoyed it, however, I hadn't read the comic previous to this, and after reading it, I noticed quite a few changes from the text. If I were to adapt the comic, my first choice would be in movie form, however, I'd try to stay more true to the text. The comic is much more interesting and graphic in my opinion. I believe that perhaps the film would be more successful in a live-action form, with a Dark Knight-esque feel to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment